RIO INTOUCH SCANDI 3D SHOOTING HEAD
AN EXTREMELY EFFECTIVE, MULTIPLE DENSITY Scandi head for total depth and fly control
- Triple density head design for maximum fishing control
- Ultra-low stretch ConnectCore for maximum performance
- Effortless casting design for distance and presentation
- RIO’ Easy ID to easily identify head size and density
Scandi 3D shooting heads seamlessly integrate three different densities along the length of a single head, Scandi 3Ds cut through wind and current, and let you swing the fly deep without snagging bottom when the current slows. We build these lines around our ultra-low-stretch ConnectCore for enhanced sensitivity, easier mends, and faster hook sets. In short, Scandi 3Ds revolutionise how we fish rivers at depth, and change the very definition of “fly water.”
Floating/Hover/Intermediate: The ideal head for swinging flies in the top three feet of the water column. The floating back portion makes mending and pickups easy, while the hover mid-section and intermediate tip keeps the fly fishing below the surface.
Hover/Intermediate/Sink 3: This head is built for deeper presentations or heavier currents, swinging the fly, on average, two to five feet below the surface. The Hover back section allows for easy casting and line control, while the intermediate mid-section and Sink 3 tip hold the fly at fish level.
Intermediate/Sink 3/Sink 5: When you really have to get down to the fish, this is the fastest- sinking, deepest- fishing head we make. It swings the fly, on average, between four and 10 feet deep, and yet the graduated density still allows for outstanding line control and easy casting.
- EasyID - RIO’s printed line marking system that allows anglers to quickly and easily identify each line.
- Front Welded Loop- A neat, bulletproof loop welded at the front of the fly line for fast rigging.
- Back Welded Loop - A neat, bulletproof loop welded at the end of the fly line for fast rigging to backing.