NAM REN DH 5PCE FLY ROD - NEW '23
The REN Blanks have been made from a unique graphite blend with incredible tensile strength. This makes it possible to equip the rods with a very light, fine tip that combines a high level of precision with extreme sensitivity. The non-progressive medium to deep action in the main part of the blank provides a balanced casting feel. The result: absolutely continuous control when casting. The blank works from the tip guide down to the handle, making fatigue-free casting with minimal effort not only possible, but a breeze. The powerful recovery of the special carbon nevertheless allows very long and precise casts. The REN series includes probably the lightest two-handed rods on the market.
The thin blank presents itself in a traditional dark brown finish. The chic blank is built up with ultra-light, but robust snake guides and stable stripping guides made of titanium. The cork handle is from Delgado cork quality. The black anodized aluminum reel seat completes the traditional Scandinavian overall look of the rod.
- Modern double-handed fly rod with a classic look
- Extremely lightweight, high performance blank
- Blank: REN Technology
- Low swing weight
- Titanium snake guides
- Titanium stripping guides
- Premium Delgado cork handle
- Polished reel seat in black anodized aluminum
- 5-piece: ideal for traveling
- Color: dark brown
- Ivory colored rod sleeve
- Black aluminum rod tube
NAM provides a free 2-year warranty on defective parts from the date of purchase. After these two years, defective parts will be replaced for a flat rate of £80 per section (or £110 per Butt section) for single handed rods. This service is guaranteed until at least 5 years after the end of the respective rod series.
Strictly translated the word “Delgado” means thin or slender. These thin barked trees are not as common as the thick bark trees making it very rare and highly sought after. Since the cork bark is naturally thinner and denser it has many advantages over the thicker cork bark.
Advantages with Delgado:
- The pores are much smaller so there is almost no need for filler material at all.
- No need for rubber-cork endings making the handle even lighter and still very durable.
- Thanks to the slower growth speed of the “Delgado” trees, the density of the cork material itself is slightly higher resulting in increased transmission of vibration between the blank and the cork, giving you better direct contact with the rod
It’s also green with Delgado Cork:
It regenerates every 9 years, so it is completely renewable. Not only is it renewable, but harvesting the cork bark is actually beneficial to the tree itself in terms of lifespan because if left unharvested the cork bark can grow too thick and choke the tree resulting in premature death. Harvesting the cork don’t just allow the tree to live longer, stripping the bark also increases the amount of CO2 it can absorb from the air. So, it’s truly a win-win for the environment. The glue that is used has no solvents or harsh chemicals in it and is also 100% Eco-Friendly.